I’ve been telling people to try this for awhile.
A new study this year confirms previous research showing that Metformin helps people lose weight. In fact, a 10 year follow-up study published in 2009 found that Metformin even helped people at risk for diatebes lose as much weight in the long run as “intensive lifestyle interventions”.
This seems like a good intervention to stack with other weight loss and health improvement programs given that Metformin:
- Costs under 10 cents a dose.
- The side-effect profile is mild.
- It works by impeding the body from producing extra blood sugar, not suppressing appetite.
- And its other main benefit is preventing (or slowing the progression of) diabetes.
- -6 lbs in two weeks (n=30)
- -12.8 lbs after 6 months (n=199)
- -4.4 lbs after 10 years (n=2766)
See on www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov